Wednesday, June 01, 2005

More about Palmer

Last night, ran into a lawyer for the Public Defender ("PD"), who told me that moose are what's to worry about, not bears. Ends up I'm staying at his place this evening. He showed me how to shoot the gun that hangs in the furnace room, which is enclosed just behind the front door. "Welcome to Alaska," he says. The gun takes one little-finger-sized bullet at a time. Last night, he was hanging out with Reese, who is mayor. Nice guys, both, far as I can tell.

After work, follow the PD lawyer from work to the spot, then go with him to the "dog-yard," which is where about a dozen dogs stay fenced in, and where he feeds them twice a day. All but one of the dogs are sled dogs, and the one that isn't is named Maple, and is the sweetest dog, ever. All the rest were nice, except one, that was too skittish.

Could go on and on, but stopped in here at this coffee shop that has wireless internets access since couldn't find where the ultimate game was. Had to check on-line. Turns out I was in the right place, but had the wrong time. If it's going on, it's going on now, so, I gotta go Do That.

But may add that now looks like this could be my summer of couch surfing.