Friday, July 08, 2005

Wed. June 29

Got to court to find find out that the client wanted an electronic monitor instead of jail, which was a new wrinkle for me, but was lucky since attorneys I knew were at court too and they helped answer the questions. And the judge helped too. Seems I had to ask for a delayed remand to give the client time to set things up with the monitoring company.

Had lunch with my main attorney ("main" since she's given me the most work) and her brother, so that I could meet her brother, since he'd offered me a spot on a fishing trip in mid-July. Noisy Goose cafe has good burgers, in case you're ever in town.

Walked all the dogs, then headed down to Anchorage, trying to get there for a weekly group hike. The group is made up of Anchorage office PDs, among others. I got about 10 minutes up the trail when I met them coming back. I went mainly to meet them, and I didn't care to go solo on a new trail, especially a new trail as much in the woods as this one was (I'd rather see the bear charge from a distance, and not from behind a tree or something), so, was a very short hike for me.

And anyways I thought I might then get to play some ultimate, since it was league night, and I'm on a team in the league. But I got to the fields to find two of four games still going on, neither of which was my team's.