Wednesday, July 27, 2005

This week

Monday, I had five Pre-Trial Conferences. Set a couple for change of plea and a couple for Trial Call. One Defendant did not show, so judge issued a bench warrant for $5,000, but he could well have made it for much more $.

At the beginning of this summer, it seemed like a lot to do two cases, I mean one right after the other, in court, after I'd had time to get to know the cases and had the files and everything. I must be learning something or something.

Today one of my bosses said she liked the pictures on my blog. I hadn't thought she'd know I was blogging. She said mine had been linked to by another blog, http://www.skellywright.blogspot.com/, well-read around here. Mine's given as a counterpoint to another AK PD intern's.

I leave in a few minutes for court. Went all out today- got the whole suit on, and dress shoes, too. Usually I'll go with the jacket, tie, and black tennis shoes (no, not the converse.) Change of plea, then two bail hearings. One of the bail hearings is for a client in custody.