Friday, September 02, 2005

more catching up

What else since returning to TN:

Got all serious, again, about moving into another apt. Found one in a favorite neighborhood. Gave landlord's representative $50 on Saturday to hold it until Tuesday, explaining at the time about the late loan stuff. Then got less enthusiastic about the new place. It would have allowed me to get a dog, but it was carpeted with some raggedy carpet. Guess I just changed my mind... much as this building annoys me, I do have a great view from my apt. here, and it would take something appealing to make me move. It's a long story. I'll keep looking for another place.

Spent last Saturday in nooga with Hop and Morgen. She made dinner and it was excellent. Stayed at their place that night, sleeping on couch before the very cable TV. Not much on that night, but got to see the huge fighting scene at the end of Kill Bill 1 early the next morning.

Sunday, recovered most of my rosemary plants from Matt. I left him with four, I think, but I'm sure there were four there then, so thanks to Matt. He kept my plants alive while I was in Alaska.

On Monday night I saw the movie "Hustle & Flow." First in-theater movie I'd seen in some time. Liked it very much.

Tuesday is when I skipped classes.

Wednesday, had to go to school to represent the Enviro. group, and TAPIL (TN Assoc. of Public Interest Law) at the student organization fair, since that's where new people sign up, and both groups need more people. Got a few for each. Also got my loan check. Huge!

Thursday, paid bills that had long needed paying, and could now be paid, since I got the loan check. Also got Willie Nelson's "Red Headed Stranger," which I've been wanting to pick up for years now.

Today, got car registered. I'm about totally legal now. Also went to gym.