Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Labor Day weekend


went to nooga for the Shawn Adams Memorial Spirit of the Game Ultimate Tournament. First game against NC's Green Man team was close, but like the next three, we lost. My team, "KULT," (as in, Knoxville ULTimate, I think) was/is quite new, and has plenty of new players, and has this one player who's been playing for years but still has crappy throws (me). Ran into a bunch of nooga people I hadn't seen in too long. But was a long day and I got completely exhausted. Then went to a bluegrass concert, good, and then the tournament party, pretty good. Slept on little brother's couch.

Woke up next morning, early, since first game was at nine. Wasn't too late but was very stiff and tired. Lost the first game but won the second, so that meant we won the "C bracket," which bracket I don't think existed, originally. Winning that got us a canvas Dore art deco-ish print.

Watched the mixed division final between Shotgun and Johnny on the Spot, then drove back to Knoxville aided by Red Bulls and Starbucks coffee.