Friday, November 04, 2005

Artse




















-Katie Rumble

Yesterday, went for a walk through Market Square, on my way to study somewhere other than my apartment. Stopped by this store, "bliss," and got, uh, snapped, so to speak. No pics at their site of what I saw at their store. Lots of gorgeous paintings.

What I saw reminded me of the "obsessive drawing" show going on now at the folk art museum in NYC, regarding which I posted earlier at here and here. But with the NYC show, I thought, when I saw that, OK, that's much more precise than what I do (for example), so I can aspire to that, and that's good because it's good to aspire to things.

But when I walked into this bliss store, I saw some stuff, made me think, like, whoa, someone's way ahead of me, being really good without being so precise about this um stuff. So I asked the people running the store, what's up with this. They said the people painted these things, they're from Australia, and they used to make these drawings in sand, but some do-gooder gave them some canvas and acrylic paint. Anyway- (and these images are from the Mbantua Gallery, which has many more pictures)-




















-Katie Kemarre