Thursday, August 11, 2005

I FLEW THE AIRPLANE!


I flew the airplane! I flew the airplane! I flew the airplane!

Had to confirm repeatedly that I had not taken ANY flying lessons. Don't worry, she tells me, she's a flight instructor.

I pulled back to take off. I went up. I went down. She told me to turn closer to the mountain. I turned closer to the mountain.

So busy flying I took few pictures. We were up for maybe twenty minutes, and it was "my airplane" for all but two or three, and of course I did not land the thing. What. A. Day!!!

Got to do all that for free because company is touring its plane around the country, offering free rides/drives to get people to buy. Plane is a Cirrus. Pull a lever in the cockpit, and a rocket fires from a hatch on top, launching a parachute. Plane has power, like 300 hp.

I flew the airplane!