Monday, May 30, 2005

Now in Palmer, Alaska

Arrived yesterday afternoon. Was very tired but could not get to sleep until dark, which was after 10:30 pm. Was light again before 5 am. Will post pictures soon as I can get a USB cable.

Stayed last night at the "Valley Hotel," which has its own 24hr restaurant. I'll stay here again tonight, but need to find an apartment soon. Will try and look at a place or two today, but can't put much money down yet, since it's Memorial Day, so the banks are closed.

It's very pretty here. Not much shade from trees, generally, but seems to be overcast much of the time. But not totally overcast.

Finally, for now, I don't know where this wireless network is, but glad I can use it from my hotel room, since this hotel doesn't have internets access, or so I'm told.